About the event:
EBRAINS Unconference – a participant-driven workshop where you can shape the agenda!
The overarching theme, Neuroinformatics on Psychiatric Disorders, opens the discussion about how neuroinformatic can help us understand the relationship between brain function and behavior in psychiatric disorders, how neuroinformatics can be used to improve the accuracy of diagnosis for psychiatric disorders, and how neuroinformatics can contribute to a better understanding of the underlying causes of psychiatric disorders.
What is an EBRAINS Unconference?
The EBRAINS Unconference is a bottom-up and participant-driven workshop where the participants shape the agenda within the overarching theme.
Unlike a traditional conference, Unconference attendees shape the agenda, lead discussions, and collaborate in real-time to solve problems, share knowledge, and drive innovation. At this Unconference, you will have the opportunity to connect with experts and peers from diverse backgrounds, exchange ideas, and engage in meaningful discussions on topics that matter to you.
Your contributions from your spheres of neuroscience are important in the understanding and discussions of the overarching theme. You will along with an interdisciplinary group of other experts discuss the topics chosen by you. In other words, your choices define the conference agenda. This is a special opportunity for you to expand your knowledge and engage in discussions on topics of your interest, while you meet new potential collaborators and expand your professional network.
Who is our Unconference perfect for?
Participants from various fields within neuroscience, researchers, scientists, academia, students, representatives from the industry, and civic society organisations. Registration for this event is free of charge, only interest and commitment are the prerequisites for attendance.
How to participate in the EBRAINS Unconference:
You set the topics! There is no predefined agenda, no tracks. Rather, you define the agenda. You bring in your interest, your curiosity, and your need for exchange, you can discuss your topics with others and take away new insights.
On the day, you will be given the opportunity to convene a session that reflects your interest and passion. By convening a session, you will lead a discussion and commit to the following:
- Give a short pitch about the topic
- Facilitate discussions within your topic
- Reporting back in plenum – 5 minutes
You can also pre-register for your session. You will be able to do so by sending an email to Amal Thomsen.
As a participant, you will participate in the one-day unconference by actively contributing to the topics.
Do not hesitate to reach out to Amal Thomsen if you have any questions about the Unconference.
Tuesday 9 May: Arrival and Dinner
Wednesday 10 May: Whole day sessions
Departure after 4 PM on Wednesday
Venue: The Unconference will take place on-site in Copenhagen, Denmark
We aim for a maximum of 40 participants. Should we receive more enrolments, we will base the selection on diversity. When your enrolment is accepted, you will receive an email confirmation of your participation.
Participation fees: Complimentary
Including dinner on 9 May, lunch and coffee breaks on 10 May.
We will reimburse your travel- and accommodation expenses with a limit up to 350 EURO. We will assist you in choosing accommodation in the vicinity of the unconference venue.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to write to Amal Thomsen email@example.com,
Join EBRAINS Unconference now! Press the big green button below to enroll
Possible topics include (the following are only indicative examples):
- How has the integration of neuroimaging and genetic data helped to advance our understanding of psychiatric disorders?
- In what ways have neuroinformatics techniques changed the way we diagnose and treat psychiatric disorders?
- How can neuroinformatics contribute to the development of personalized treatments for psychiatric disorders?
- How does the use of neuroinformatics help bridge the gap between psychiatry and neurology?
- In what ways can neuroinformatics enhance our understanding of the relationship between brain function and behavior in psychiatric disorders?
- How can neuroinformatics be used to improve the accuracy of diagnosis for psychiatric disorders?
- How can neuroinformatics help to identify new targets for drug development in psychiatric disorders?
- How can neuroinformatics support the development of new therapeutic strategies for psychiatric disorders?
- In what ways can neuroinformatics help to improve the quality of life for individuals with psychiatric disorders?
- How can neuroinformatics contribute to a better understanding of the underlying causes of psychiatric disorders?
Stay updated and start networking!
Stay updated about the EBRAINS Unconference on this site and join the EBRAINS Community space to access the event on our community platform. At the EBRAINS Community space you can already start networking with participants and all the other members of the EBRAINS Community!
Register at the EBRAINS Community space here and share your interest and start connecting with other potential members at the event page in the EBRAINS Community here!
You can read more about the EBRAINS Community here, and access our tutorial page with some tips and tricks on how to get started here.