In an online debate on future computing and robotics external experts and HBP researchers were invited to explore the ethical, social and technical issues related to future advances in ICT, neuromorphic computing and robotics in an attempt to answer:
- What can we actually expect from possible intelligent machines, and what should we anticipate?
- Can we agree on basic rules for designing robots, and could they become smart enough to override them?
- How would desirable robots and robotics look like?
- What is strong AI and panpsychism, and what does it have to do with each other?
- What are the challenges and possibilities of brain-computer interfaces?
The online debate was organised by the Danish Board of Technology Foundation in collaboration with the HBP Foresight Lab at King’s College, London. Both partners of the HBP in the “Ethics and Society” subproject of the Human Brain Project (HBP).